Monday, November 3, 2008

Long weekend

I thought my next post would be a cute happy halloween up date, but it has been a long weekend. Bryan's foster father passed away this weekend. It's the only father he has ever really known and it w as hard to him to accept that he wasn't going to get better. He able to spend time at the hospital with the rest of the family saying good-bye and I'm so glad he did.

The past couple weeks Sam has been really cranky. He's ben clingly and not sleeping or eating well. I was worried about him getting sick since his last cold caused his kidneys to shut down. I checked his urine last week and all was normal, but today I noticed his tummy was a little bloated. Sure enough he is spilling 400+ protein in his urine again. This winter is going to be interesting, he will have to go back on the immuno suppressent for another 3 months. For those of you who don't know he has Nephrotic syndrome that is an autoimmune disease. When he gets sick his immune system goes into overdrive and for some reason starts attacking his kidney tissue. I've been really worried about the boys in school what they would bring home, but just like last time all he has had is a stuffy runny nose and cough.

I'm up late finshing some homework, but I will post that cute halloween blog asap.

1 comment:

jdenslen said...

Sorry Christina. I didn't know your son had those health issues. Good luck this winter.

the run away story was hillarious.