Friday, October 24, 2008

Running Away

Yesterday afternoon Sean came down from his room packed up and ready to go. He took one of the cowboy neckerchiefs down from his room, wrapped up some pajamas, socks, his teddy bear and his superman toy. He also brought a blanket and pillow and declared "Mom, I need a big stick to tie my stuff too. I'm running away." He was so determined. I asked why and he said he was tired of his brothers picking on him and he had to go. Of course I was welcome to come with him because he still loved me, but he had to run away. It took some convincing to talk him out of running away, he said he would wait for summer so he didn't freeze at night. Poor picked on boy, he has the middle child syndrome. If Sam didn't pick Check Spellingon him so much he might do better but he is just gets his feelings hurt so easy and Sam loves to cause trouble. He must have seen a cartoon with someone with their belongings in a neckerchief tied to a stick because he imitated it perfectly.

3 comments:

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

wow! It is amazing how much he picked up from a cartoon! What will you do this summer when he tries again in warm weather?! I miss you!

Bryant said...

I ran away once. It lasted about 10 minutes and then I got hungry and cold, so I came home. Poor Sean, he can come run away to my house.

Bryant said...

oops, this is Meredith, not Bryant