Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mother of the year

So just thought I would add to my wonderful mom confessions. Bryan told me the other day Sam had a large splinter in his foot I needed to look at. Of course I's tired and forget. Last night Bryan asked me to bring home supplies to take his splinter out, and yep, tired unorganized, forgot. I didn't notice he has been walking on the side of his foot for over a day. Today as I'm running around trying to get ready to pick up the boys he is crying so I finally look at his foot really well. He has a huge, black, deep splinter that has a large red circle surrounding it. All this is bad enough, but he has had a random fever for a few days and is spilling protein yet again. Wonderful mother of the year, maybe if I hadn't been so tired and ignored his foot he wouldn't be having kidney problems. I'm so tired of being a rotten parent.

2 comments:

The Jonathan Good Family said...

Hey don't feel bad we all do stuff like that! I forget to give my kids their medicine and other things. That just means your human. We do our best and feel like slackers, we can't do everything.

Mer said...

You did not just say that! If I were there, I would punch you in the ovary for typing such nonsense. You are a fabulous mother. REALLY!!!!