Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to Brandon

So I'm such an organized super mom that yesterday afternoon, my child is reminding me I promised him a party this afternoon with his two best friends. He had already invited them but I hadn't gotten any invitations or much of a clue as to what to do. We decided on a movie at the theaters since he only wanted two boys to come. Nice easy, very unorganized, right up my ally. A quick phone call to the mom's to make sure they could come on such short notice, and we were in business. So they came over, we saw Battle for Terra, a very 'cool' 3D show at the theaters, a big treat for all these boys. They were in heaven and I didn't have to clean my kitchen. Then they came back to the house to play for an hour and got to make their own cupcakes. Which of course most organized mom's would have done already, so they hadn't made cupcakes before. Again, big hit. Procrastination payed off big, and everyone had a good time.
Then Brandon asked what I had gotten him for his birthday, ?uh nothing? ?me no organized? But wait, I had bought a ton of video games months before from the rental store, they were clearing out their old game cube games, and since I refuse to spend good money on a WII my poor children must make do. So he got to pick out a new game from my stash. The day was saved. And I got to sleep over 1/2 the day, after a 3 am night before and a full night of work tonight.
How any child makes it through life without permanent scars from their parents is a miracle.

No comments: