Saturday, May 30, 2009

Last Week of School

It has been a really busy week. The last day of school was Friday an the week was fille with end of school stuff.
To begin, James and my Mom are recovering well. They are both home, up and around and sore, but doing great. James's lab work is normal and the kidney is working great. Now he just has to get his immunosuppressent drugs regulated. We are so blessed and happy that things are going so well. His doctors has been very happy with everything from the surgery on.
This week I had many extra hours to spend on end of school stuff since I haven't been able to exercise at all. Last Saturday I torn my calf muscle. I am so tired of injuries. Why won't my body just let me train?!!! The mind is willing but the body is weak! It's just frustrating since I'm willing to put in the time, energy, pain etc to get ready for my triathalon's but my stupid old body doesn't let me. Anyway enough of my ranting.
We actually had lots of fun, as I hobbled around all week with my leg iced. We spent Tuesday at Seven Peaks, for those of you who don't know that is a big water park in Provo. 6 hrs of waterslides, tidal wave pools, river rides etc. The boys never wanted to leave, I of course burned even through my shirt and the boys actually turned pick as well. I'm such a slacker. My boys are so dark skinned I didn't even think of sunscreen.
Thursday was their Spring talent show, all the classes sang etc, and then they had a field day. It was cool, lots of huge blow up bouncers, slides, water fights, and lots of activities out at the park.
Friday we spent the morning deep cleaning the school and helping the teachers pack up and arrange things. Then we went to a nearby pool. The school had rented out the whole place and we got to play and swim for a couple of hours. I didnt remember sunscreen, but I was the only one who needed it.
Needless to say we are all very tan this weekend. When I came back to work Friday everyone was asking about my leg. (the weekend before it was huge and black from 'internal bleeding' as Paula kept lecturing me) I told them it was aweful, I had to lay around the pool all week on a blanket and read books.

2 comments:

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

oh Christina!! You and Ana sure have rough luck while training! I hope you start to feel better soon!
Glad you were able to lay around a pool for awhile.

Paula said...

glad the internal bleeding stopped, you should lay around the pool and read more often...