Thursday, February 5, 2009

Virus's

All of you who have kids know how quickly they can be sick and then be fine. Last week Sam woke up at 1 am throwing up and by 6 am he was just fine! No other problems, nothing. He was just fine until two days ago when I noticed his eyes were puffy in the morning. Sure enough his kidneys have stopped working again!! I hate viruses. This is his third bought with kidney problems this year. The docs put him back the steroids but I guess this is the last time he can do the cortisol since he is repeating so often. The steroids in someone his age can give him brittle bones, cataracks, stunted growth etc. They said next time he gets sick he'll have to go on a specialty Chemotherapy drug that will completely wipe out his immune system. He'll be isolated, blood draws the whole works. Just one more thing to look forward too. But for now were doing the yucky cortisol everyday for the next two months. Poor boy, the stuff makes me throw up I don't know how he stands it everyday. But on a bright note, Spring is around the corner and we haven't had a snow storm in over a week. Hurray!

3 comments:

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Christina- I am so sorry to hear Sam is sick again. Poor kiddo. I hope he goes a long, long, long time before getting sick again. How are all of your joints and muscles healing? Have you been enjoying the nice weather on your bike? love ya

Marta said...

Holy Cow, girl! That poor little guy!! I'll be praying for him! Hopefully this won't flair up again and he won't need the chemo treatments!!! Let me know if I can help in any way! Love ya!!!!

Mer said...

Poor kid can't catch a break! I really hope his kidneys kick back into gear-- what a nightmare this whole thing has been for you. P.S. I miss you like the deserts miss the rain.