Sunday, February 15, 2009

Birthday

February has always been the month of birthdays in our family. My big birthday this year consisted of having the day to sleep and go to my spinning classes at the rec center. Actually it was nice, because lots of people stopped by while I was asleep and left notes and small gifts. Best of both worlds, gifts and not having to make idle conversation with the various neighbors. :) Bryan got to be an greeting duty. He got Pizza for the boys so I could sleep longer. I guess the boys have noticed I don't eat pizza, but I love eating their left over crusts. So after I got up I went into the kitchen and there was an entire pizza ring of the outside crusts left for my dinner by the boys since it was my birthday. So sweet of them.
Bryan made the mistake of telling Sam his birthday was after mommy's and every single day since he has woken up and asked "Is it my birthday?" "Is it my birthday today?" The concept of 10 days after mom's birthday is too much for him. Actually, I realized I had already scheduled to do vision screenings at the boys school all day on his birthday, so I'm just going to tell him it's the day before. Hey, he's 4 he won't know the difference. right.

2 comments:

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

How cute is Sam?! I hope his birthday is soon (for his sake!) Happy Birthday to you Christina! I wish I was there to bring a big yummy dessert to work...or maybe a big bowl of fruit. Both you and Ana posted on your blogs last night. I hope that means you had a good night at work. Yea for slow nights!

Mer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It probably wasn't as cool as last year when we all pegged our pants, threw our hair into side ponytails, and serenaded you with flowers. But I hope it was close. :)