Thursday, October 8, 2009

Vacation

I know it's been a long time since I updated so I'll try to catch up.
We spent an amazing week in California! It was one of those rare once in a lifetime vacations where everything works, and the kids are well behaved and and you actually enjoy yourself 90% of the time. I know, I know, too good to be true you say. I agree but it really happened. Unfortunatly this means the next few family vacations are probably going to be disasters, but we'll deal with those when they come.
We left early on a Saturday and drove to Las Vegas. The boys had just watched Loony Tunes so they were singing "Viva Las Vegas" for several hours on the way down. We drove around and showed them the lights of the town, but not much else. It's no longer safe to walk the streets in vegas with kids. Too many people standing around handing out "pamphlets".
Sunday we checked in to our condo in Anaheim. We had a perfect view from our balcony overlooking all of Disneyland. We actually had a better view of the nightly fireworks from our condo than actually being in the park. It was fantastic.
Monday morning bright and early we hit the park. They were closing early so we packed our lunches and figured we stay all day. We have such acommodating kids. We were there from 9am till 6pm and they did great! Of course I packed tons of snacks, water, etc, but even Sam (4yrs old) did great walking everywhere! I think the kids are just the right age to really be old enough to do Disneyland and young enough to get excited about it. It really helped that the park was deserted and there were practically no lines!!!! Again, I know, too good to be true, but true.
I found out AFTER we got home that just that weekend Disney had to close due to bomb threats, so that probably helped with the crowd situation, but I was completely oblivious to the threats so we really enjoyed the empty park!
Tuesday I thought Ben was getting sick. He kept coughing, so we slept in, worked on homework since we pulled the boys out of school for a week, and in the afternoon Ben was better so we hit the beach. I love the beach. I was born to live on the beach. We went to the beach several days while we were there and it was a blast teaching the boys to boogie board. My mom can attest that given the choice I will always end up on a beach in the waves!
Figured out Ben wasn't really sick, just the air in LA didn't agree with him. Hmm, wonder why,

No comments: