Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Fun

We'll this weekend has been really fun. I took off on Friday and went to Idaho for a Triathalon. It was my first long river swim and I'm suprised how tired I got. Swimming laps in the pool doesn't compare especially when you have to keep pulling up and correcting course since there are no nice neat lines painted on the bottom to follow. Mom probably remembers how well I can swim a straight line. On swim team I'd start at one corner and swim diagonally across the pool if the lane lines weren't up. Same problem I swear my swim was 2000m not 16oom because I kept zigzagging tring to stay on course. :) But the rest of the bike and run went well until the last 1/8 of a mile. A sprint finish down a hill and of course it wouldn't be a race if I didn't injure myself. Running down hill I steped wrong and something poped in my suposidly noninjured knee. No sprint finish, I limped across the finish line. Still It was a blast and I know I'll do it again as soon as I can walk. Yes I need my head examined. It's an addiction.
Got back home Saturday and had to watch the final climb of the Tour de France. I've been hooked on it for the last three weeks. Lance Armstrong is my hero. He is 38 yrs old, about 15 years older than all the other guys, hasn't competed in 4 years, has a broken collar bone just a few months ago from a crash and he still took 3rd overall in one of the most grueling races in the world. See - he's crazier than I am.:)
Today the boys were in need of my mommy attention, and dad in need of some rest. So we spent the afternoon out. Ended up at the local ballpark watching the Orem Owlz win their game. It was a really fun few hours, running around playing at the park, and spending time explaining the game to the boys. Ben at one point was trying to tell the score. As you all know there is a lot of info on the score board. At the end there is a row for Runs, Hits, Errors. Ben looks up and says wow the Owlz have seven hundred and eighty points. They actually had 7 runs, 8 hits, 0 errors, but it was fun to watch them get so into the game. This evening when we got home all the boys grabbed their balls and mits and played ball int he yard for awhile. We definatly need to do it again soon.
Best bonus, I took the whole weekend off for the race so tonight were going to play dumb, dumb, (yes mom they are still hooked on that game) and hopefully get some good sleep.

2 comments:

Mer said...

Christina, I'm not denying that you need your head checked, but I am impressed nevertheless. You are one cool chick.

Kristin and Isaac Alldredge said...

Great job! How is your knee feeling now?
One of my Miamaids had a French exchange student who lives in Paris (can see the Eiffel tower from her BEDROOM WINDOW! So jealous!) and she said that the Tour de France went right by her house.