Saturday, April 18, 2009

Super Brandon

Before, I post all our Spring Break pictures I just have to brag about Brandon today. He was bugging me to go on a LONG bike ride this afternoon, we we rode our bikes out to Sonic in Pleasant Grove. This is just over 8 miles from out house and we took the back roads so it was pretty hilly. He was doing great until about mile 13. I didn't think he was going to make it back. I called Bryan to come pick him up, but he was adamant that if he could just take a rest he could finish. I wasn't so sure, but we stopped at the gas station for awhile and sure enough he rode all the way home. He even made us tack on an extra mile to he could get a movie for the night.
I was so proud of him. He was struggling, but really wanted to finish what he started. 17 miles for a boy who isn't even 10 yet. I was impressed.

1 comment:

Marta said...

Way to go Brandon!!! He's got a lot of his mom in him- a go getter! I love it!!!