Friday, May 7, 2010

Busy Spring

This has been a really busy few weeks. Just thought I'd do a quick update since I'm such a slacker at keeping in touch.
I started Grad school, which is going well so far. I think it'll be fine till we start clinical and class work this winter, then I may crack. Only been going a week and already they're having us start on our thesis, figuring out topics and faculty to work with. Yuck, it really takes at least 2 years to write ONE paper!!!
The boys can't wait for school to be over. Only a few more weeks. Brandon had his birthday this Monday May 3rd. He turned 11 and had a party at Pirate Island Pizza. It was really fun. He is most excited because he's in Varsity Scouts and they get to go on a camp out this summer. Of course he's never really been camping and he has texture issues so we'll see if he really likes it once he goes. :) Yes I've ruined my boys refusing to take them camping. Scouts can break them in.
Ben turned 9 today. May 7th. He is have a group of friends over to 'hang out'. Yes his term, he thinks he's a teenager. He's too cool for a kid party so they are eating pizza and playing video games. yikes. What am I going to do with him.
Last weekend was so fun. I volunteered to work as a medic for the Ironman in St. George UT. It was amazing. I'm hooked. I may have to switch to ER medicine, that slasher, running crazy nursing, triage, etc was soooo fun.





This was one of my favorite patients, he really didn't want the IV but couldn't stand up straight. Most of the other pts were more than happy to have us do anything to help out but I had to talk him into anything. When his wife came to get him we started talking and she was worried about him giving us a hard time because he is a lowsy patient. Of course he is an ER doc so that made total sence!!! I was asking him if he's heard me saying that even in this crazy tent the docs just stood around and consunted while we did all the work. He was laughing and said he had noticed.

No comments: